Assistant Community Manager
Are you tech savvy?
Do you love engaging with people?
Then this position is perfect for you.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assists in following our emails inbound for new and current client requests.
- Helps in moderating Helpscout, Twitter, Telegram, Discord and other social media channels with standard replies as well as removing spammers.
- Getting to know the members. Review their profiles, check in with them, learn more about them.
- Assists in updating order spreadsheets and other client documents such as chargeback dispute files.
- Oversee and engage with the community
- Working with others on the team to maximize coordination and communication.
- Helps in organizing and promoting events. These consist of both online mastermind calls and offline meetups. It also includes gathering feedback and interests on these events.
- Making connections and introductions. This consists of being aware of what is happening and connecting the right people.
- Suggesting offers we should make for the community. What do members want? Let management know and let’s see if we can get something for them.
- Helps in analyzing data to check for errors and inaccuracies across the tracking sheets, order platforms, and communication channels.
- Follow up for pending payments and coordinate with the person responsible for payment disputes/verification.
- Aid in establishing steps to have a smoother and more efficient process.
We are looking for an Assistant Community Manager. So we know you read this post, please put SavvyACM in the beginning of your job application else will skip your application as you didn’t read this sentence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and A Problem Solver.
- Spreadsheets – Google Drive
- Knowledgeable with Helpscout, Telegram, Discord and Slack
About the Company
Big Picture Of Your Role
Follow our 3 Core Values (SLOT)
- Self Learner & Hungry
- Online work & Shares with others
- Teamwork & Collaboration
This is a TEAMWORK reliant job, working in a team is MANDATORY – coordinating with others on Slack and Tasks Systems is the way to succeed in working with us. If you are one who works best alone, no problem – but please consider another job post.